Schedule: 7th-10th October, 2018
Sunday, October 7, 2018 – Travel Day
Monday, October 8, 2018 – Registration – Presentations
Tuesday, October 9, 2018 – Presentations
Wednesday, October 10, 2018 – Presentations, Business meeting, Tour of Nasa
– Participants will present for 15 minutes, allowing for 5 minutes’ question time.
– Streaming Videos, Students Presentation, Workshops, Panel Sessions
Tentative Keynote Speakers
– Charles F. Bolden Jr., Nasa Astronaut
– Dr. Victor Lawrence is a Professor, Stevens Institute of Technology, Holmdel, New Jersey
– Ed Amoroso Chief Security Officer, AT&T, Founder and CEO of TAG Cyber
– Gee Rittenhouse, Senior Vice President, Security Business Group at Cisco
IIMA TO TOUR THE SPACE CENTER – HOUSTON TEXAS
Touch the moon. Tour the pool where astronauts train. Launch a rocket. Make your visit to Houston innovative. During the tour, ignite a curiosity and passion to learn about science at Space Center Houston.
Experience a day of space exploration education during the 29th International Information Management Association conference. Discover flown spacecraft from the first and last crewed lunar landings, see and touch actual moon and Mars rocks, have Lunch with an Astronaut and explore space science through hands-on learning. With more than 400 things to experience, Space Center Houston has something for everyone.
Don’t miss your last chance to immerse yourself in the world premiere of “Destination Moon: The Apollo 11 Mission.” This blockbuster exhibit brings the Apollo 11 command module from the first lunar mission outside the Smithsonian for the first time since 1971. The Apollo 17 command module and other artifacts from the last mission to land astronauts on the moon are part of Space Center Houston’s permanent collection.
Tour the Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory (NBL) and learn how astronauts train underwater for upcoming missions.
American philosopher John Dewey once said, “Every great advance in science has issued from a new audacity of the imagination.”